At Monday’s market I found some nice shell-like buttons and spent the afternoon sewing them onto my old coat. I’d lost one of the previous set of brown buttons and knew I really didn’t want to wear the coat minus an obvious button for another year.
Never mind that I can’t take a self-photo to save my life, that this one has all my laundry supplies in the background. Or that when I took the photo, I noticed that I’d positioned one of the buttons too high. (I covered that one up.) This is my first step towards being a little less “frumpy Upper West Side,” and a little more Italian. I had to start somewhere!